Go to Voter Information for details on dates, locations, and times for voter registration opportunities.
Know your candidates. The League of Women Voters of Orange, Chatham and Durham counties co-hosted several October candidates forums. Go to Voter Information for videos of the Chapel Hill Candidates Forum and the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Board of Education Candidates Forum.
Click Image to find your polling place, build your ballot with our online voters' guide and much more!
About the League Learn More
- MESSAGE FROM LWVUS PRESIDENT:
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 millions of women and men gathered--in the streets of Washington, in cities and towns across the United States, in countries around the world--to demand their voices be heard.
The Women's March was a powerful, inspiring event--but even before the crowds had begun to disperse, the crucial question was asked: What next? Read More
Join/Renew Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Orange, Durham and Chatham (LWVODC) counties supports informed and active participation in our democracy. We stand with all Americans who care about a free and open democracy. Any person 16 years or older may join the LWV.
Membership dues can be paid online or by check.
Join the League of Women Voters, where . . .
- Your hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement.
- You have volunteer opportunities to promote voter education.
- You have opportunities for civic involvement.
- You can be directly involved in shaping the important issues to keep our community strong.
- Your membership dues are supporting League actions in creating an informed electorate.
Donate to the League Learn More
- Support the League's Work Through Your Donations.
LWVODC Action Learn More
- GET INVOLVED AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
ACTION ALERT: STOP THE REPEAL of ACA!
ACA's transformational reforms provide universal health care for all Americans. Children will no longer be denied coverage due to pre-existing conditions, young adults can stay on their parents' health plans as dependents until age 26, Medicare participants will have annual check-ups and mammograms, and many uninsured Americans will now have health care coverage. It also includes coverage of preventive care, limits on out-of-pocket costs, and a prohibition on life-time insurance caps. The ACA ensures that women can no longer be charged more for health care than men.
- NC Representative Graig Meyer's November 14, 2016 presentation to LWVODC: NC Public Education and the NC Legislature, What is on the Horizon, can be watched on Youtube. Because of the length of the video, it is posted in two parts. Part 1 and Part 2
- Don't Let Our Democracy Collapse. New York Opinion article by Richard Hasen
LWVODC Education Fund Learn More
- The LWVODC Education Fund works to encourage the active and informed participation of citizens in government and to increase understanding of major public policy issues.
Voting is a Right
Register to vote and VOTE!!!!
Voting is your chance to elect those who will make decisions about our economy, education, environment, and health care.